The clearing ceremony
– The dried herb Sage or Salvia (other herbs with antiseptic qualities are also possible).
– Salt (kosher or heavy)
– A candle and matches.
– You wipe the floor with salt water. It’s a symbolic act after a thorough cleaning before.
– Then sparkle some salt along all the openings, windows and doors.
– Shower and dress in white clothes. The white color is representing cleanness, a new beginning and connection to the spiritual world.
– Light up the candle; put the sage in a metal cup light it up till smoke is appearing. It may be necessary to light it a few times more.
– Start from your entrance door going clockwise into every room and corner.
– Before you start walking around, take a minute for a prayer at heart or aloud for all the family members living in the house.
– After the prayer you bring the smoke of the sage and the light to all rooms and corners of your home.
Before you enter each room, halt for a prayer and blessing. After the sage’s smoke has cleared a corner, then you bring the light there. If the light is very unsteady, wait until it has calmed down. Like this you pass through all your rooms at home.
In the bathrooms you don’t pray, just clear them with sage and candle light.
– After returning to the starting point, the entrance door, you thank.
After this short clearing ceremony you will feel a deep peace of mind, an inner quietness and a very special and harmonious atmosphere.
You really should try it!
May God bless you and your family!